In The Name of Allah the Most Beneficent and the Most Merciful.
Asalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa barakatuh
Respected brothers and sister in Islam, An-Nur Foundation was first established in 1995 by 10 founding members who met at each other’s houses to recite and understand the Quran. In 1996, the 10 brothers bought a small house in the north east part of Baltimore county, which was used as a mosque. Over the course of years, the membership grew to more than 300+ members which the small house could no longer accommodate.
In 2008, An-Nur Foundation purchased 4.4 acres of land to build a mosque. Construction was estimated at $ 4-5 million dollars. In 2010, the Foundation purchased the adjacent car dealership that was being liquidated by Chrysler Financial for $2.75 million dollars. This site already had 38,000 sq ft of existing buildings. The 5,000 sq ft showroom now serves as our mosque and Sunday School center.
- To provide appropriate and comprehensive training and development for the community
- To develop and maintain suitable and viable economic ventures that will help our community towards financial stability
- To provide premier social services that will enhance the well-being of Muslims and non-Muslims.
- To facilitate suitable recreational programs and activities to attract our members and improve their quality of life.
- To invite people to the religion of Islam.
- To strengthen the faith of Muslims and improve their understanding and practice of Islam.
- To promote unity and brotherhood among Muslims.
- To establish daily congregational prayers, Jum’aa (Friday) prayers, Ramadan programs, and Eidd’s at appointed times.
- To maintain various Islamic services, e.g. weekend school, adequate services, weekly halaqah sessions for women, men, and youth, hafiz program, and Quran classes.
- To conduct social, cultural and other activities within the scope of Islam.
- To promote friendly relations and better understanding between Muslims and Non-Muslims.
For The Community
- Provide a full-time Imam for the mosque
- Open the mosque for all 5 daily prayers
- Provide counseling Services
- Provide Muslim Marriage services
- Provide Jumuah prayers and Kutbah
- Provide Quran classes for children and adults
- Upkeep Islamic festivities
- Provide Taraweeh prayers and Iftars on Ramadhan weekends
- Provide weekly Tafsir and Hadith class for men and women
- Provide Sunday School for our children
- Provide Health Fairs for the community